Low blood pressure 3 months after gallbladder surgery...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I am so frustrated. I am so tired all the time. My BP was normal 120/80 before surgery, now it is always around 92/60 or lower.

I wash my hair in shower and I am exhauseted for the whole day. Hot showers make me tired so I take almost cold showers.

My bloodwork all fine, low D so I take vitamins.

Went back to Dr yesterday he said I am fine and need to get back out into the world and all will fall into place...????

Has anyone else have this happen? If so does it level out over time and why is it low for so long?

Thank you for your replies

Wendy

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

There are many days when little things  are exhausting for me too.

I stay with understanding my limitations and do exercises , walking to stay in shape. I can get a bit unstable and loose my balance if I don't stay in shape.it amazing how fast muscles go when we don't use them for whatever reason.  I notice when I don't get out and exercise even just a little I feel worse. Also a 20 minute nap energizes me. 

Leaning how to manage time exercise and stay with a dr who can help advise you and find better answers for feeling exhausted.

dont give up it could be as simple as a vit B ,D deficiency.

• Posted

Hi Hope,

Did you rescently have GB surgery or other type if surgery?

• Posted

8 months ago had shoulder injections Xiaflex for frozen shoulder. Any type of proceedure or surgery can take time to get back energy levels. 

In in my case I'm tired all the time and learned my limitations due to serious back issues and OA in all my joints THR both and one TKR.

also fibromyalgia has plagued me for years. I have good days and bad days. 

Pace myself elf and leaned thru Physio how to stay strong and do daily things by not complicating pain or joint issues. 

It it takes many techniques to stay in shape and regain energy. A blood test showed low in B vit. So catching up on that and daily vit and many other supplements has helped as well as the best help of all are eating protein & protien shakes homemade. 

There are are days I have to really push myself to get going but once I do I always feel better. 

• Posted

Thank you for your input Hope smile

I have had 2 good days in a row so I feel hopeful! I am also on B12, D, multi Vit, pea based protein shake and eating lots of chicken and turkey. I am slowly getting my energy back. I appreciate your sharing your story with me.

I hope you continue to gain strength and find pain relief from your health struggles.

All the best,

Wendy

• Posted

Thank you for your encouragement. I am so happy to hear you are doing better. It can be quite a struggle sometimes. Never give up. I use mindfulness also very helpful. Your doing all the right things and more. 

i remember the days when doing anything was so simple. Now it takes time evaluating , composing a new system and taking a number of thing in consideration,

i hope you continue your journey up the mountain one step at a time.

fall is almost here. More outdoor things to do to prepare for winter. One day at a time . If It doesn't get done hopefully I can have my helper drop by. 

Its always Something! 

• Posted

Hi Wendy

I just had my gallbladder removed last week. I was just saying how I don't understand why I get so tired so fast when I read this. Got out today and was very dizzy and light headed. I am hard on myself so I just chalked it up to I was being a wimp but I'm wondering if my BP is in fact low. I used to run low naturally and the way I feel now is very similar. I'm also vitamin D deficient. I hope you get some answers. And I'll checking back to see if you are doing better. Also getting my BP checked now as well. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Jacque!

I am also Vit D deficient. I read up and D is a hormone (I didn't realize that) so have been going in sun for 15 min a day. Also taking 5000 of Vit D liquid. B12, a multi vitamin and C.

It does take some time to recover so be patient with yourself. I am slowly improving but the surgery is a big deal to our system. I just wish someone had told me the recovery is the hard part...not the surgery 😁

Let me know how you are doing!

Wendy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.