low blood pressure

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've really been struggling with my blood pressure and heart beat my pressure is normally below 80/50 and heart rate can be anywhere between 60/95 can anybody help me

Oh for to mention in 37 and work lot of hours per month

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Your Lower figure diastolic 95 is the important one is when the heart relaxes when blood is released into the vessels, if your pulse is fast tachacardic it is due to stress possibly pressure of work.. If you are normally 80/50 this is quite low unless you are an athlete.. You need your BP monitored regularly 6 monthly.. Do you feel dizzy or light headed on standing up?  Normal readings average 130/80..See your Nurs/GP.
    • Posted

Hi thanks for your response, I sometimes feel lightheaded I don't really feel stressed from work my diet is strange I take shakes through the day and only really eat one meal a day

I have various viens and had oops on both of my legs and I am a smoker but I'm not over weight im 10.5 stones and 5ft 9 but my work is very active and don't sleep much maximum per night 4.5hours sometimes less

• Posted

that light headedness is your low BP.. You say you are active what do you do? This maybe the reason for the low reading.. Sleep is important for rest.. We need at least 8 hours per night. Proper hot meals for nourishment of the blood.. Smoking is not good cut down.. Go to quitters and reduce with their support.. Is Free.
    • Posted

I work golf and sport turf building and maintaining golf courses,football pitches and building irrigation systems I spend alot of time traveling from different sites in my weeks
  • Posted

Gosh you are active..

So you need Rest Food & Sleep to revitalise yourself..and recreation

"All work makes Bill a dull boy"

See your GP ask for these tests:

Foot Doppler to check circulation/ECG /blood test/BP/chest-X-ray.. MOT

• Posted

Pmsl MOT sounds great

Had one about 18months ago back in the UK because my pulse was beating at 125 the sent me to the hospital and they did full blood work and ecg everything came back normal they said I had an infection and just put me on antibiotics for 5days, guess its time for a holiday lol many thanks for your help its much appreciated xx

• Posted

Chest infection? antibiotics for only five days? Holiday sounds a good idea!
    • Posted

They didn't say it just scares me from time to time but not when I'm working only when I'm trying to rest like now86/47 pulse 91 and that's at rest
  • Posted

Do you get palpitations or what feels like a irregular heartbeat ... Do you feel breathless? Whats the colour of your fingernails/lips like?

Redblue or pink? This is a sign of lack of O2 in the blood. Your skin colour pale or ruddy? Sorry abt 20 Q's

• Posted

No skin colour is good/ although my heart beat isn't irregular it gets on my nerves that sometimes its loud when I'm trying to rest I don't drink a massive amount of water would going to the gym help me
  • Posted

LOW BP is almost ALWAYS associated with DEHYDRATION.

Start drinking at least 8 glasses of WATER a day.

And see if you feel better.

• Posted

Thank you, I went for a check up on Monday because I was feeling crap and the did full blood works and ECG, blood pressure sight and ears checked and chest examination and all was top marks in perfect health was there words but I still feel light headed 😊
  • Posted

Thats good that all those tests came out good.  I'm telling you it is WATER intake....drink more water for a couple days and I bet you feel better...It really is amazing how much water affects our organs....and brains.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.