Low blood pressure

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I have low blood pressure, possible POTS? I am 21 female. I am tired all the time and can't stand in line. I am doing ground exercises, lots of water and salt but my blood pressure I just low. My metabolism is really fast and I am slightly underweight for my height even though all I do is eat! My bp laying down will be low and all my postural changes are low. Usually i stay between 100/57 sometimes I drop to 95/55 or even 100/49. It seems like nothing I do is really helping me and this has been going on for awhile I can't work or do anything vigorous and im tired of it i would like to go to school full time. I would like to know any natural ways or rising blood pressure. Or what I can do i have had echo ekg 24hr moniter all sorts of blood work. My heart rate can get very high especially when standing and I have had sinus tachycardia show up. I am constantly told I am dehydrated despite fluid intake all day. Im confused and scared about my blood pressure. Any ideas?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Remy, I am sorry for your plight at such a young age. I am at the other end of the spectrum. I am a 71 year old male with many symptoms. I have massive migraines, short of breath, tremors, very high blood pressure and fluctuating heart rate. I have vertigo and ringing ears and blurry vision, chronic fatigue and am prone to black outs. After a blackout in Sept last year I fell, fractured my skull with concussion and bilateral bleeding. The doctors finally took me serious and did a TILT TABLE test which showed I had Autonomic Nervous System Dysfunction. Once they get the blood pressure under control, we can search for answers to my other problems.

Please do not give up but keep hounding the doctors for answers. Natural is not always the best route to take. Stay in contact with doctors and study on-line resources on the Autonomic system. Dysfunction goes by many different names with many different symptoms.

Blessings to you, Ken

• Posted

Hi remygirl , sorry to hear that you suffer of it.

check if you have hypermobility or EDS syndrome

In any case

* increase water intake and salt intake

* gradual do some exercises 

* eat lower carbs and smaller meals (into the day). But increase a little your weight (it will help you)

* elevate the head end of your bed using a brick under the or similar by 10 -15cm

* avoid hot environment . avoid long hot baths or showers

* avoid caffeine intake

* avoid alcohol 

* avoid napping when possible

* avoid standing for long periods

* avoid doing works with your hands over your head for extended time1 (like bulb changing).

but more than all increase healthy a little your weight and start gradually exercising and strengthening your muscles. don't forget especially calf muscles.

I am not an expert but a 50 years sufferer of POTS and EDS

I wish you good luck

• Posted

Do the adrenal cocktail 2 times a day. 1/4 tsp. Pure wholefoods vitamin C, 1/4tsp real salt(not table salt) 1/4tsp cream of tarter, mix with water and drink at 10am and 2pm. Salt all your foods using celtic salt or other real salt.

Your blood pressure will stabilize with time. Mine has gotten better I've been doing this 5 weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.