Low Blood Pressure

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm a registered nurse with 25 yrs experience and a critical care concentration. My hypertension is treated with Carvedilol 12.5mg bid and Losartan 50mg bid. I recently had a going thru from a cardiologist. A left heart cath revealed a 100% occlusion of my right coronary artery with collateral circulation. He added isosorbide 30 mg daily to my medication regimen. Recently I have had a few episodes of what I believe to be stable angina. After talking with my cardiologist he suggested that I increase my isosorbide dose from 30 mg to 60. I did that today and it has caused my blood pressure understandably, to drop making me dizzy with a BP of 83 over 51. My question is, if one if one were to titrate and or delete medications would I'd be better off to decrease the dose off of losartan or the Carvedilol considering my hypertension and CAD? looking for opinions and rationales. Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.