Low blood pressure and extreme fatigue - effexor withdrawal

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've stopped taking effexor since 2 month now, I've tapered it gradually with the help of psychiatrist and I had many withdrawal side effects at first ( stomach problems etc..) but all of them disappeared after some weeks the only thing that lasted for now is the extreme fatigue and the low blood pressure I don't know if it's a side effect of effexor withdrawal or not and until when should I wait for these effects to disappear, does any one has the same problem before while trying to quit this drug before ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

First of all congratulations being free of this drug for 2 months, are you taking anything else? symptoms can persist for many months, I've only just come off and its hell....did your anxiety get really bad?

• Edited

The side effects will depend on each person, I've been anxious the first month and had some vivid dreams and my stomach was unstable ( I took some stomach meds for two weeks and my stomach was good again ) but all side effects disappeared only some extreme fatigue which was resolved by taking some hypotension meds to stabilize my blood pressure. I was good lately until I drank some beers last week and I felt a little bit anxious the day after that thus I have stopped drinking alcohol, caffeine, and even tea now I think I feel better today the only problem is that I take the low blood pressure meds to avoid feeling like a zombie and there is also Tinnitus which is some sound I hear on my ears when I go to sleep but it isn't a big deal for me.

My psychiatrist recommended taking some vitamins ( Magnesium, vitamin B6, and some pills called Ginoba )

The only worry for me is if the low blood pressure is a related side effect to the Effexor withdrawal or not.

It's hard to come off this drug I hope you become better and you should resist some anxiety especially in the first weeks after that everything will be better, my friends and family helped me a lot so I suggest you stay surrounded by people and talk to your doctor if anything goes wrong.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.