Low Blood Pressure and feeling dizzy ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I went to check my blood pressure and it was 90/50 which is very low! 

I am always feeling dizzy and have headaches aswell which I assume that the reason why I feel dizzy is because it is very low. I feel really frustrated dizzy all the time, don't know if i'm going to faint or not. 

I try to take salty food and include salt in my meals a lot , as well as take satchets (don't know what theyre called).

Is there any other way how I can raise my blood pressure and not feel that dizzy ?!! 

Thanks in advance smile

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi JamC.

So sorry you are feeling awful with Low BP.

You could go to the WebMD website and look up and read...UNDERSTANDING  LOW BLOOD PRESSURE, diagnosis and treatments.

Exercise but be careful when standing up (pump your feet first before standing)

Most of all visit your GP

All the best

Pat

• Posted

Hypotention is caused by some medicines you may be taking. Its important to note your pulse as well, a fast pulse may accompany low blood pressure
    • Posted

When I stand up and I feel dizzy I can feel my heart goes faster.
    • Posted

Yes, because your brain/body is sending signals desparately to the heart to get pumping, because the braind does not have sufficient blood/oxygen supply, because the body is now using it and the brain is in danger of shutting down i.e. black out.

This can be extremely dangerous, I blacked out one morning soon afteer leaving hospital, I jumped out of bed one monring and marched over to the curtains to open them and the room just began to spin. Fortunately that was in my bedroom, you may not be so lucky.

• Posted

That is dangerously low and you are in danger of suffering blackouts. Are you on any medication?
    • Posted

I only take pariet 20mg once a day so I dont think that it should affect my blood pressure sad

• Posted

Perhaps you need to look at medication for hypotension then.
    • Posted

I went to the doctor and he said theres no medication for low blood pressure rolleyes

• Posted

I know you are not in the UK, and I can't post links, but this is from our NHS website,

Medication for low blood pressure

Very few people are prescribed medication for low blood pressure. The symptoms of hypotension can usually be treated by making the above changes to your lifestyle and, in particular, by increasing your fluid and salt intake.

If medication is necessary, it will usually be medicine to expand the volume of your blood or narrow your arteries. Your blood pressure will increase as there will be more blood flowing through a smaller space.

• Posted

I take a lot of salt in my meals I dont think I can add more its inpossible! I will try and visit another doctor tomorrow, thanks
  • Posted

I agree with some of the other respondents.  Your BP is very, very low.  Ideally, BP should be under 120/90.  However, less than 90/60 is considered low, so your diastolic measure (the lower number) is extremely low.  I'm not surprised that you feel faint and/or dizzy.

I would suggest that you talk to your GP asap.

Good luck and best wishes.  

• Posted

I did and said to take salt as much as I can but its not doing any good. I was thinking to take a blood test soon but Last one i took was before a year ago so I dont think theres a problem.
  • Posted

I googled pariet the medicine you're taking . dizzyness and fast heart beat were listed as possible side effects

• Posted

It could be but I dont think it affects the blood pressure rolleyes

• Posted

Can your doctor switch your medicine.Low blood pressure and dizzyness are inter connected .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.