Low-Carb recipes/ideas

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just asking for some ideas.  I know that I should be eating more veggies and protein.  My problem is I get side-tracked by unhealthy foods at times which then it snowballs.  I absolutely know sugar and carbs make me feel bloated.  The last few days I have done pretty well and today I made this low carb broccoli soup that was good.   

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I also saw on the news something about menopause, belly fat cells and cancer... All more reason to eat low-carb to get the pounds off!!   
  • Posted

Look into Keto diet. It is low carb...high protein. For sweets I make energy balls that are sweetened with dates. And watch out for anything that says low fat...that equals tons of sugar.
  • Posted

Hello Kelly

Are you on the UK? Just asking as I've lost just over 3 stone by using the traffic light labels on foods. So each food packaging has a colour coded label for fat, sat fat, sugar and salt. All I've done, is to make sure any recipes or foods are green on both fat labels. As a result, the calorie content is lower and it seems to have worked for myself and my husband. Have to say too, that this is the only time I've not been looking to eat junk, so I'm not lacking in anything xx

• Posted

Good morning,

I am trying to follow a low carb diet..usually protein or fish with veggies broccoli, cauliflower, beetroots, greek pork with selery stew

There are times I am craving for carbos, though like you.

Today, I am going to cook greek style baked lima beans and I am afraid the gasses and bloating after eating them but I need the nutrients. I will eat small quantities along with leafy green salad to avoid the digestive mess!

• Posted

Keto diet is the best to combat most of the menopause symptoms. Do check dietdoctor.com. There are loads of low carb recepies and tips.

• Posted

Thank-you for your replies!! I'm in the US and yes, looking at more keto-paleo type recipies. The broccoli cheese soup helped my cravings and I loaded it with broccoli and califlower. I've also tried roasting cabbage and brussel sprouts with bacon. That was really good!! And yes, when the urge hits for chocolate I will look into the energy balls sweetened with dates..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.