Low-dose naltrexone (LDN) -- Anyone using it to treat generalized GA?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Low-dose naltrexone (LDN) has been shown to successfully treat various disorders, including inflammatory auto-immune conditions like lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. If you google it, you can find a lot of info.   I was wondering if anyone here has firsthand experience they'd be willing to share...? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have heard people that do use this medicine that have results. Personally I have not I should look into this because I do have flare-ups quite often with the GA. I am in another group and they do have a lot of ideas but nothing ever works so good luck with it . If you have any more suggestions for feel free to let us know. I take medications for a lot of things I hate to take another medication but I would try it.
  • Posted

I began LDN two months ago.  Those with an autoimmune disease are at higher risk of developing other autoimmune diseases, why it was prescribed by my PCP.  My Derm is aware, approves.  I'm also on Dapsone and have Clobetasol, though I don't use it often due to thinning of skin.  I have also been (mostly) Gluten and Sugar free for two months on the advise of my PCP to reduce overall inflammation. I'm grateful for my PCP and Derm working together for my overall health.  Will see how it goes!  Take care, Pam.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.