Low eGFR

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello..... not quite sure if this is anything to be be concerned about, but back in October I had an eGFR of 57. I had it retested in early December and it was 53. I am a healthy, active 35 yr old Caucasian woman. I am 5'10, 150lbs, eat healthy and work out 4-5 days per week.

I've read conflicting articles as to what is considered a normal GFR range. I usually have blood in my urine anytime I have a urinalysis done. I've had recurring UTIs. Other than that, nothing really out of the ordinary. No abnormal creatinine or protein findings in labwork. My primary care dr did not seem too concerned. But I've read online that any levels between 34-59 is considered CKD Stage 3.

Should I get a second opinion?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.