low fat chicken noodle soup

Posted , 3 users are following.

i made a batch of low fat chicken soup and i thought i'd share the recipe as its so easy to make

serves 4, works out around 2-3g fat per serving depending on the ingredients (and quantity of ingredients) you use

ingredients:

900ml chicken or vegetable stock

1-2 chicken brests (depends how much chicken you want in your soup)

1tsp garlic

thin noodles (i used egg, the amount is at your own discression)

2tbsp soy sauce

vegetables (i used thin sliced mushrooms, peas, sweetcorn and pak choi, but you can use onions, carrots etc)

boil the chicken/vegetable stock, add garlic and chicken breasts then leave to simmer for 20 mins.

after 20 mins remove chicken breasts and shred them with forks then add back into the stock, add the noodles, soy sauce and vegetables and leave to simmer for a further 3-4 mins or until noodles are tender.

serve and enjoy smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I came across another good low fat recipe, easy to make too smile...

Easy Mushroom Risotto

Serves 4

Prep time 15mins

Cooking time 30 mins

Ingredients

•1tspn vegetable oil

•300g risotto rice

•1 garlic clove, crushed

•200g mushrooms, sliced

•900ml (1 ½ pints) hot vegetable stock

•75g frozen peas, thawed

Method

1.Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan or saucepan add the rice and cook over a low heat for about 1 min, stirring all the time until the rice looks glossy but not brown.

2.Add the garlic and mushrooms, then pour in about half the hot stock and stir well. Cook over a medium heat for 20-25 mins, stirring often and gradually and adding the remaining stock a little at a time until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.

3.Check that the rice is tender. It should have a nice creamy texture. If it needs cooking for a bit longer, add a little more hot water.

4.Add the peas, stirring gently to mix them in. Check the seasoning, adding some pepper if needed. Serve.

Nutritional information per portion

•Calories 307(kcal)

•Fat 2.0g

•Saturates 0.2g

•Sugars 1.0g

•Salt 0.7g

• Posted

soup sounds good and going to try risotto too thanks x
  • Posted

Hi there

I just thought I would say I tried your chicken noodle soup. One word 'LUSH' my husband loved it as well. As I used it as a main meal I was naughty, and had to thick slices of fresh bread to mop it up.

Thak you again

Claire

• Posted

So glad you liked it, i love how easy it is to make and you can pack it full of veg and its so full of flavour, i find it quite filling. I tend to make a big batch, eat a portion and then divide the rest into tubs and freeze

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.