Low fat Treats

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on the tablets now for 4 weeks (lost 13lb so far) but am finding it difficult to make up my fat intake at lunchtime. have found Caramel Snack a Jacks 1.1g of fat per bag (142 calories). I feel they are a good substitute for crisps, which I am really missing.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mel M

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the weight loss so far!

I'm the same as you and struggle to make up the fat content, i tend to treat myself with sugary foods which are low in fat but these turn into high calories which dont help!

I use a low fat cheese spread on sandwiches instead of butter, or yoghurt is good for an addition to your lunch. I also like desserts so i have weight-watchers treats, the chocolate rolls are under 5g fat and about 90 calories and seem to fill that chocolate craving!

good luck and let us know how you keep getting on,

Carley x

• Posted

An easy measurable way of adding very healthy fat is through nuts. I don't normally eat a nut from one year to the next, but following a discusssion with the MAP dietician now keep some in the fridge for an easy top up - remember you have to get to about 30g of fat for the whole Orlistat thing to work properly and you just won't lose weight effectively over the long term with Orlistat if you ignore this and eat less fat.

These portions are all 5g of fat

9 almonds are 55 cals and 5g of fat

5 brazils are 108 cals and 5g of fat

7 hazelnuts are 52 cals and 5 g of fat

6 walnuts are 50 cals and 5g of fat.

If you need to grab more healthy fat at the end of the day to get to your 30g, then 6 almonds + 2 brazil + 5 hazelnuts together give you 9g of fat and about 117 calories.

• Posted

Thanks RR

I did'nt realise that I had to aim for 30g of fat a day, I've been picking up bits and peices of information from this forum, which has been fantastic. The Dr gave me the tablets and told me to stick to a low fat diet - no mention of calories or fat intake.

I have stayed away from nuts so far as I thought they had too high a fat content but reading your advice I will certainly get some in.

Mel M

• Posted

Hi,

I dont know about you but I have really been missing my pizza's!

I have just discovered Weight Watchers pizza's, veggie one was about 6 - 7g for the whole pizza, so that with salad and a yog was lovely! They have a meat version one as well

Keep Losing!

Sasx

:lol:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.