Low ferretin? Anxiety? Feel like I'm losing it

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have health anxiety . In January i started to feel very tired and kept getting like a chest pain like the size of a 50p piece in the middle slightly right hand side just above my breast the pain/ache is always in the same place and goes on and off G.P sent me for blood tests and it turned out i had low ferretin and folate but not aneamic . i was given 4 months of folic acid and ferrous fumerate and after a couple of weeks of taking them i felt great -Tiredness chest pain and breathlessness all went. Afta week of finishing the meds it all come back Im waiting to have another blood test but in the meantime ive bought some more ferrous tablets you cannot buy folic 5MG OTC. i dont know if its anxiety would cause this because i find i worry so much about everything and think the very worst about my health (IM CONVINCED I HAVE A TUMOUR THERE) Could anyone just please tell me that this could be nothing I dont think its muscular as it doesnt hurt when i move around or press on the area nor if i breathe in deeplyand it has been coming and going sine january except for the 4 MONTHS I WAS ON THE IRON TABS. sorry for the random capiral letters and the rant

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi

Sorry you are feeling that way. Health anxiety is not uncommon but can be controlled using different techniques and seek out support services that may help you. its good you are following the medical route to seek treatment but also try using other technique that will help with your anxiety/ also try to add iron rich food into your diets so that you will not have to depend on iron tablets which also have their side effects. do not convince yourdelf that you have a tumour. be positive and keep to the doctors check ups making sure its well investigated and you are satisfied. also try reading this book, you may find it beneficial. Overcoming Aneamia: My Expirience. its on amazon.

i wish you good health and hope you feel less anxious,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.