Posted , 4 users are following.

Specimen Type: Serum

Serum Iron 31 umol/L (10-30)

Transferrin 25 umol/L (32-48)

Transferrin Saturation 63 % (13-45)

Serum Ferritin 50ug/L (30-165)

I am homozygous C282y gene.

Last venesection was three months ago.

Went to doc cause had all the symptoms of overload again (sore joints and very tired) but ferretin is only 50.

Any thoughts? I’ve only been dealing with this for 18 months so not sure about how it all works.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately this condition effects different people in different ways, some sufferers feel fine in maintenance when the ferritin levels are low, whilst others, me included feel permanently tired / lethargic & fuzzy headed. I don,t drink alcohol but feel like i have a permanent hangover even more so after venesections, whilst many other patients feel fine and reinvigorated, its just an insidious condition which we learn to live with the best we can, hope this is,nt a too negative response, others may be able to give you a more detailed explanation of your own personal symptoms, i wish you well.

Chris

• Edited

hi

i feel exactly the same. i have days when the fatigue is really bad and pains in joints, but when i mention this to my consultant i dont really get any responce, but when i was diagnosed i was told when we get your levels to below 50 the fatigue goes goes and you will feel much better but its not the case, i feel great after v sections for about a week then it starts again

ally

• Posted

I stated this in another thread it depends on the person what the text states is not facts we really do not have much data on this condition and when you look into a lot of it it's not proper human science so meaningless really.

You need to go by your model and look at other factors in your life as well which can also cause these symptoms lifestyle/stress etc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.