Low ferritin and muscle aches

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

At a recent blood test I found I have low ferritin level of 10 . The year before it was 11/12 but was told to supplement with food like red meat

I am struggling to take the tablets as I also have gastritis . I have had both bowel and stomach checked for bleeding 

They believe my low iron is because I have very short period cycles 

I not really feel that tired but one symptom that has started is achy muscles in legs arms and back . It it not same muscle all times and jumps about the place .

Gp thinks it could be due to my low iron

Anyone else had this or can offer any advice on being able to take the supplements . I am trying the liquid every second day 

Ellie 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you asked for a ferritin infusion? It should get you levels up quickly without the stomach related symptoms. 
  • Posted

Hello, 

Can I ask if this has improved? 

My ferritin is also 10 and now been prescribed ferrous sulphate.

My arms and legs ache and I am so tired. 

Did your muscles improve? 

Many thanks 

• Posted

Also how long did any improvements take?

Thank you

• Posted

Sorry I only just seen this post . It went into junk . The muscle did improve over time .

However I have been really bad st taking iron this year due to stomach issues and feel so tired and weakness light headed.

It my own fault . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.