Low Ferritin levels, Vitamin D defiency - Under chest bone aches

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello.

Not sure if I have anemia, so I hope I started discussion under the right section.

So in 8th May, while going to home by bus, I felt like I couldn't breathe and suddenly; my hands,above my lips,right eye lid became numb (I also couldn't my move thumb fingers) I felt like I was having a heart attack. When I went to a doctor the first thing she asked me was "have you stressed out/became upset/mad" today, and I said yes, because couple secs ago while it was happening I was crying. Anyway, she gave me sedative vaccine. I became cool after then.  Later that day, I noticed that I was being way too emotional and also whenever I get excited my hand was becoming numb even though I could move them still, because I had the fear inside me about if I had that attack again, and I guess because of the stress I was moving my legs so fast. Anyway I decided to have blood tests. When I went to a doctor for the second time, I got told that I had a panic attack but I wanted to test my bloods anyway. When they took the blood away from me I was like walking dead :D Wanted to do nothing but sleep, I was so tired. Later that day, it turned out my Ferritin levels (4.58) and Vitamin D levels (5.76) were very low. Hemoglobin is about to become lower too (9.6) . They also checked my livers etc. with ultrasound if there's anything wrong, there wasn't.

Anyway, doctor gave me two D vitamin tubes which I consumed them with bread. Also he gave me iron supplements and told me to come after I finished them. I've been using iron supplements for 3 weeks and only 4 days left to finish those. The thing is, for few days ago, I've been feeling really good, I thought I got rid of chest aches,fatigue,loss of apetite (sometimes) and such. Then nowadays, it feels like it's repeating again,I still have strength more than before but; I'm losing my eyebrows,hair sometimes, wounds in my skin doesn't heal that fast but not bad either, I have got chest bone aches -sometimes- (or could be muscles, I really don't know), and even feels like I am gonna cough but I can't cough, not that my body aches when I cough or laugh but there's a sensation in there I can't tell. My eyelids may be so hard to open when I wake up etc. Back then, my body was way more tired, but these symptoms sometimes happen.

All of these are because of lack of vitamin in my body, or is something worse? :D To be honest, I'm sometimes getting panicked because of it.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes it is iron deficiency symptoms and also vitamin D deficiency. I also had these deficiency and now I am so much better. But you have to be patience and take all your supliments. Don t worry it will be fine but it will take time. Keep eating iron rich food and take vitamin D. Take care.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Pema. I was really so worried if I had worse symptoms, actually, it kind of started repeating after my period started, not that it was too heavy but the second day was so painful.

I want to ask one last question, how long does it take to get rid of these iron/Vitamin D defiencies? Apperantly, it doesn't pass with 4 weeks :D but how long will it take?

• Posted

You should be checked for celiac disease as a screen. Full panel: ttg, ema, dgp and total iga. Anything comes up positive, straight to the GI.

If you are female and have heavy periods, an IUD may help stop blood loss/iron loss.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.