Low fibre soft diet

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello Can members suggest which foods are suitable for soft diet for flares. Is porridge ok. I know about eggs white bread ,mashed, potato potato. (not for me I hate it) chicken fish rice crispies. What about dairy and can you have natural yogurt or other antibiotics. I have been taking them since having had 2 courses of antibiotics the last being Cipro which is a terrible drug. They say that it can take up to a year for the digestive system to get back to normal after taking it. I know it is given for diverticulitis as it works but it can't help the digestive system. Also if you can't have fresh fruit what about tinned fruit in juice drained. Any vegetables that you can have have and how long should you stay low fibre before adding higher fibre back in. Lastly to avoid constipation can you still take eat ground flaxseed or fibre drinks like fybogel. thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have severe D-'s.

Digestive tract is a mess-

The one thing that clears all the junk out of my D" Pouches is:

Turnip Greens with out the turnip fruit , just the Greens, If You choose to try them, Do not clean the stringy stems from the greens. I have them 3-4 times a week, as much as I can stand.

I got the tip from my dog eating grass , Most animals partake of grass , which entwines around whatever food they have eaten and is in their digestive system.

Gross , but works for me-Cut down my pain and number of BM's.

• Posted

Why turnip greens Joe? Wouldn't any leafy green do the same?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.