Low free t3 Low TBG but normal Total t3?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was curious if anyone else out there has had blood test results like this:

I consistently have a low free t3 (for a few years now.)

Eventually we started taking my total t3 and it has been normal.

So myself and my endocronologist expected my TBG to be high.

It came back low????

Anyone else have this happen? If so, were you given an explanation?

We are baffled.

Thank you :-)

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It would help a lot if you gave.the NUMBERS and the RANGES. What is your FreeT3. TT3. FreeT4. TT4. TSH. TPO.AB TBG AB? Also REVERSE T3. The numbers and ranges are NOT a PERFECT. SCIENCE. They keep changing. Also don't take the B Vit7/BIOTIN. at least 24hrs before tests or you will have some weird results.

• Posted

Also how much and what meds you on. How can an endo only test T3 and FreeT3? Youre not converting very well. You need to take multivits and minerals. If your Vit D is low that can be part of the problem. You need good Vit D levels not to mention Selenium Zinc Magnesium Iron. Vit B12 and folate. Dont even know if you're on thyroid meds so give more info.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.