Low heart rate

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

For years I’ve suffered SVT with history of brief aFib. My SVT was usually hormonally charged however I had a hysterectomy 8 months ago for which initially stopped palpitations, I also quit smoking, I felt great.

They’re back. Not as severe but still aware. I’ve also noticed a very low resting heart rate daily of around 50, can go lower. At night it drops to 39. 

I’ve not passed out, and I’m not really symptomatic with the low HR but it’s scary. My GP states it’s better to have a low HR and I’m actually very healthy. She won’t entertain another referral to cardiology and asked me to stop checking my HR 😔

Anyone out there with similar? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Go back and insist! That is a great heart rate if you are an athlete. Other wise too low. You could have Sick Sinus Syndrome. It happens, I have it. Now have pacemaker because I had heart pauses I did not even know about. I am blessed they found it. I don't know your age, but with your SVT your Dr is being irresponsible! Find a new one! It's your life!! Good Luck!

• Posted

Hi thanks for replying, it would make sense! 

I’m 48 and have had arrhythmia for 10 years.  ECG’s have always been normal however as recent as last week 

Marie 

• Posted

Go back and insist! That is a great heart rate if you are an athlete. Other wise too low. You could have Sick Sinus Syndrome. It happens, I have it. Now have pacemaker because I had heart pauses I did not even know about. I am blessed they found it. I don't know your age, but with your SVT your Dr is being irresponsible! Find a new one! It's your life!! Good Luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.