Low heart rate and faint feeling

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I'm 23 years old,

And lately I have been feeling a new and very odd feeling, when I go to sleep as soon as I'm actually falling as sleep my heart rate drops now I know that's normal but is dropping way more than usual, I have a Fitbit and my resting hr was 65 now it's going down to 52 53 I am not an athlete however I move arround a lot at work average about 15,000steps a day and go up about 100 floors a day. With that being said I'm wondering why my heart drops that low and when it does I get the feeling as if I'm dying or need air, I have had some panic attacks lately and I do worry about my Health a lot so now I'm afraid to close my eyes thinking of that feeling and when I do close them I get it. And I check my heart rate and is down to 52,53 is this normal I need help

Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Zizue, usually when the body is relaxed the heart reduce its pumping function and the heart rate goes even lower, my heart rate while laying down relaxed is in the middle to high 40's, I'm not an athlete either but it's perfectly normal in some people, now the big answer is how you feel? Do you feel dizzy? Does your blood pressure go down below normal? Did you faint before?.

If you are doing normal activities and your heart rate is in normal range then I wouldn't worry too much, if you are concerned about it you could ask your GP for a 24 hours heart monitor.

One tip as I suffer from anxiety, stop checking the monitor every time you are resting as if you see a low number your brain would trigger a panic reaction and you will feel worst.

Best of luck and stay healthy!

• Posted

Thank you for your response I really appreciate it, and about the questions: I don't feel dizzy is just that I feel like I need air or I get the feeling you get when you dream you are falling of the bed, but I don't get dizzy and yes my blood pressure drops but not below normal the lowest has been 110/66. And I have never fainted is just that feeling that won't let me sleep.

• Posted

What you are feeling it might be Hypnic jerks, I suffer from them too and can be annoying but completely harmless.

If you can carry on with your activities I wouldn't worry too much, but then again ask your GP for a full blood test that include thyroid (TSH) and a 24 hour ecg monitor just for your peace of mind.

• Posted

I will deff do that, and once again thank you, you have no idea how much this has helped me.

Thx

• Posted

No problem, I am always happy to help.

Wish you the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.