Low heart rate on zoloft

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a low resting heart rate while taking zoloft? I have a history of a heart rate in the 80's and 90's, but for the past few weeks my resting heart rate stays in the 50's and has dropped down to 40. I can tell when it's low because I'm extra tired and I feel it in my chest. I told my doctor who prescribed the zoloft and all he could say was "That's odd." I don't trust his opinion. I'm only on 25mg and have been on it for 7 weeks. Anyone else had this issue? Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Is the doctor you reported your heart rate to your primary care physician or a mental health doctor?

Maybe you need to see a cardiologist.

• Posted

Mental health doctor. I lost my insurance so I'm unable to see a md right now. I'm pretty sure it's from the zoloft since I didn't have this issue before. The pharmacist told me this is not a known side effect, but it could be for me. I decided to wean myself off. I don't find it helping my panic attacks anyway. I think there for intense since iv been on the meds.

• Posted

There seem to be many reports of Zoloft affecting heart rate.

I would find that worrisome.

Ask your doctor to try something else.

• Posted

My heart rate was 90-100 bmp. 

Doctor put me on beta blocker which took it down so low I was passing out, so came off them.

but mine was due to health anxiety, I was put on sertraline 25mg now my resting heart rate is anywhere from 54 to 64.

so yes they do lower it, prob because the anxiety has lowered. Been on a 24 hr heat

monitor a few blips but gp said nothing to be concerned about.

if your worried as for a 24hour monitor to be fitted.

good luck 

• Posted

I'm on 25 mg as well couple of months and my heart rate also low ( like 50 ) and sometimes I'm tired as well. Green and black tea helping me and exercise! Try and see if there is any difference. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.