low inflammation, lots of pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

I guess I have lots of questions today! LOL. I just got my results back from the blood work and they show no to little inflammation, so why am I in increased pain? It's coming from joints that were not involved before. That is why I believe Enbrel has quit working. I'm confused, what is going on? FYI: I am off all bio's now waiting for the insurance to approve Xeljanx. It seems like I am better now that I am off everything.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi River

Have you been on Enbrel long? I'm hoping I have many years before my dumb body figures it out and Enbrel quits working for me. I hope you find answers.

M

• Posted

There is no corelation between inflamation levels and pain levels.   Every DMARD and biologic has decreased my inflamation levels, most in the normal range, but no difference in pain levels or slowing the spread.
  • Posted

My blood tests have never shown hardly any inflammation. Even when I couldn't move my hands, bend my knees, move my head because my neck was so inflamed it locked up, or walk on my red swollen feet. The only labs that are abnormal for me are my RF, and CCP AB. I can tell how bad my body is inflamed by how good/bad I feel. I've been taking Enbrel for a couple months now and I feel amazing! I hope to hell it never stops working!

• Posted

this is exactly like me and my rheumy is just going on about pain relief! trying to push for something like Enbrel but it's like bashing my head against a brick wall. He thinks MTX is the best drug- prob because it's the cheapest. 

• Posted

Hi river 22,

Sorryto hear you are still in a lot of pain, but you must understand that because you have lowor no inflamation does not meanyou will have no pain, RA is a life long decease and will not go away, unless you are one of the lucky ones where by you wake up one morning it has gone, this has been know. I am on Rohactemera which i have been on foe over 8 months now, and it seems to be keeping my RA under control, Enbral for my first bio medication , and after a while came off it as i was getting rashes and swollen legs.   I have to say tho i was very ill in the begining as my RA was very aggressive and sudden.  I digress....i still have very painful attacks of pain, a little swelling from time to time but not so much now. Fatigue is my biggest problem with sor joints, which keeps my mobility to a minimum . You also have to remember my friend every day will be differant , no 2 days will be the same. But ...i must stress that "NOT" taking meds is not a good thing, as they leave your system you will start to feel the symptoms return. You will feel really well on some days , but don't be fooled. Unless your RA has disapeared completely keep taking the meds.

• Posted

Yes, I will continue to take the meds, RIght now I have to be off Enbrel for 3 wks to start Xeljanx.
    • Posted

Good man, and i have no idea what Xeijanx is ,,i amasuming itis a new one on the block, i don't think i will be on anything else unless i get very sick again and my RA doc wants try me on something else. The last time i saw him he did tell me that he has given me the best and he does not think i iwll get any better....i have come to my "platow "  as he put it. Keep well and safe my freind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.