Low iron anemia

Posted , 2 users are following.

While I am having some vision problems including slight double vision blurred vision shadows in my vision spots weak eye muscles my doctor discovered iron deficiency anemia. He checked for bleeding and none found. My diet is high in iron.. I eat meat at least two times daily. Any ideas of why this is happening? Could this be what's messing my vision up?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have to say I have got iron deficiency anaemia and vision problems and it has never been suggested to me that they might be connected and cannot imagine why they would be.  No idea why this is happening and you may never find out, I certainly haven't although tests for IDA showed that I have a totally unconnected very rare liver disease called Caroli's disease.

Don't worry about it.  My brother-in-law also has IDA much worse than me and had loads of tests and the cause has never been discovered so he just continued with the blood tests, medication and infusion and just accepts it as a way of life.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply. Sounds like your brother and yourself have been through a lot. I'm hoping to get to the bottom of the vision problems but after seeing several eye doctors and neurologists I'm very discouraged.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.