Low Iron, B12 and Folate. When will I feel human again?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, its nearly been a week of Ferrous Fumarate, folic acid and Cyanocobalamin due to low levels but i still feel terrible. How long can it take to feel human again?

What meals or certain foods are the best to recover?

My B12 was 364

folate level 3.6

Ferritin level 17

Thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i had low iron doctor asked me for stool test was clear so put on iron i could only take 2 a day it made me dizzy headaches if i took 3 i managed 2 a day i still ate eggs spinach etc is good for iron took 4 months but my blood count normal again before i was tired dizzy chest oain low iron can cause a heart attack or enlarged heart so i had to grin and bear it it took 8 weeks before i started feeling better again but i now have bought iron vitamins off the tv as i dont want my iron dropping again hope this helps

• Posted

Hi melanie14653,

I'd recommend Spatone for iron supplements. I've been anaemic before and was a about a year ago. My doctor said I should take some iron supplements, so I took the Spatone iron supplements (they are sachets of high iron water - I have one mixed in with a glass of orange juice) and had a blood test a few months later and I had returned to normal iron levels. I do seem to have a propensity to get anaemic, so I just have a sachet once every few days (apparently your body absorbs them better on an empty stomach). You may not need to periodically rake them mind. Do you take any B12 supplements? I use a My organics oral spray (B12 absorption is very poor when consumed in a pill form).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.