Low Iron causing anxiety and severe depression?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone,

i am 35yo and i have recently found out i have borderline Ferretin (31) that cycles lower during very difficult menstruation cycles.

I have spent the last 4 years recovery from chronic fatigue syndrome and so, i thought many symptoms were part of my existing illness.

However, it explains my recent setback in health the last 6 months.

my question is, have you found that you suffer very bad anxiety and depression when iron is low?

i have been crying every day, unable to feel any positive emotions or induce them, have no motivation at all, and i am overwhelmed very easily and my nervous system is triggered.

i am thinking this is due to the excess physical stress on the body that is triggering an internal stress response? i have also read iron is needed for dopamine cycle.

lastly, i would be so grateful to hear any stories of this easing after iron level being corrected if you have experienced positive results?

Thank you!!

Monika

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Also, my symptoms have been:

• Hair loss
    • brittle peeling/ tearing nails
    • vertical nail ridges

-Going into fight or flight when bending down to pick something up, getting up from sitting, going up stairs, lifting items etc.

-throbbing sound in ears when lying down

-super dry skin

-nervous system feels in overdrive

-severe depression, crying episodes, hopelessness

-cold hands and feet

-subconcious TMJ/jaw clenching during period

-crushing fatigue and pain and weakness during first two days of period

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.