Low iron low ferritin help

Posted , 3 users are following.

hey guys, i believe I made a big mistake. lack of knowldege. I now am tired, short of breath for a week now. fast heart rate, anxiety, i was put in hospital for a day because by heart rate was so unstable. All results came back fine. excepr.low iron and low ferritin. due to me donating blood and not replenishing my body. I am A TRT patient so my rbc count is fine. well I'm going to take iron supplements on top of a good iron diet. the supplements are 28mg of Ferrochel Iron Chelate. how often should I take this. dr. told me once daily. I dont feel it's enough. any help with my situation be gladly appreciated. I feel like butt. can't walk 20 steps withour being out of breath. All heart tests, thyroid, oxygen levels, no blockages at all.at this point there is no way i can work. 10 minutes of standing and my heart rate is above 100. thank you. having a hard time finding my right dose online. I'm 31 years old 227 pounds and 6 foot tall. I wasn't sure where to post this topic since my rbc count is normal I doubt im anemic

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, in the UK the hemoglobin level for a male is between 13 to 17, and the iron/ferritin store level is between 20 to 400, the best sort of Iron from food comes from meat and fish etc that is heme iron and easily absorbed, non-heme iron comes from plant based foods and is poorly absorbed, if you take iron supplements you should take it with vitamin C, fruits like Oranges etc or vitamin C supplement. vitamin C aids absorption, supplemented iron is quite hard to absorb without vitamin C, hope this helps.

• Posted

anyone know how much iron I should take?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.