Low Lipase

Posted , 3 users are following.

What can allow Lipase be my range is 8 - 78 and my Lipase is 4?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I didn't mean be I meant to put mean.

• Posted

Lipase is an enzyme produced by the the pancreas.  It job is to help break down fat from the foods we eat such as cholesterol and triglycerides.  Lipase is an enzyme produced by the the pancreas.  It job is to help break down fat from the foods we eat such as cholesterol and triglycerides.  A low lipase level can lead to high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol and glycosuria.  Low lipase levels can also cause a deficancy in fat soluable vitamins, such as Vitamins... A, D ,E and K.   As for causes... sometimes it can be hereditary, digestive disorders such as Celiac disease, pancreatic diseases, such as cystic fibrosis and Crohns disease.   Lipase dietary supplements are available to take to help replace the lipase enzyme, you should also avoid fatty foods and make sure you get regular exercise.  Your levels are not extremely low, but if your doctor hasn't already mentioned a retest, then I would ask him about it.  Are you having any symptoms?  Have your lipase levels be low before in blood test? 

• Posted

Yes I am having Sevre RUQ Abdominal pain that gets worse after eating and wraps around my back with fatigue diarrhea fever bloating and a swollen stomach.
    • Posted

I can't take I talked to my doctor about Lipase supplements and I can't because I have liver and possibly pancreas problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.