Low mood

Posted , 11 users are following.

hi every one I've been very weepy lately and had another restless night could the pred be causing this ??

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am sure you will be feeling relieved now you have made the decision, Molly. I know you have said you don't need the money but it is worth continuing to submit medical certificates to the department of work and pensions which will give insurance contributions towards your government pension. Who knows? You may decide you wish to travel the world when you feel better and your pension may mean you can keep going round the world!!!🚲🚈✈️ Good luck with your progress. I am having a sleepless night so the washing machine is on. Contemplating doing some ironing now and it is not my favourite task.😳😳
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with GCA and PMR in May. I don't think I have had a good day since July when I started reducing the Preds. I have been back up to 60mg and am now coming down again.25mg at the moment. I feel weepy, can't sleep, up at 4.30 am after a bad night, worry about everything, tempramental mood swings, basically I feel like crap all the time. I have, because of the Pred, developed Diabetes. I can't control my blood sugar. Went to see a new Dr last night and he explained that the side effects of the Preds were hourendous and has put most of the symptoms I have at the moment including the high sugar level down to the Pred. I came out of there so much happier. Still can't sleep. I hope as the Preds come down the symptoms will go. So Molly I know excactly how you feel and so do so many others on this site. Keep talking to us I have been helped so much by the lovely people here who have taken their time ti answer my cries for help. Thank you all so much, without you I would have gone stark raving mad. That's how I feel at times. Chin up Molly things will get better, keep talking to us please.
  • Posted

Hi Molly,

I have been on prednisone for exactly 2 weeks today. I have done major reseach and read every forum and thank god I did. When I saw my Rumi last week I was going to ask to split my dose because I'm having every side effect including extremly bad headaches daily. Told not GCA by Rumi.The best thing she recommended was to split my dose and I've split it even more. I will tell her next visit.

I sleep terrible and always have but a little worse now but getting better in the last 72 hours.

This is how I do it on 20mg: I usually wake up at around 4:00 am and roll over and take 10 mg and roll back to sleep.

noon-1:00pm. At lunch I take 5mg

4:00 to 5:00pm I take the other 5mg.

I find it controlls the pain way better especially in the morning and subsides any afternoon pain if I over do it. My headaches are reduced and seem more manageable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.