Low mood/no motivation

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm sleeping and eating well. I shop and cook too. I phone friends, and I read. But my mood and motivation will just not lift. Been on 200 mg Sertraline for 8 weeks. My doc says some people can take 3 months. Is anyone else finding these symptoms the last to lift?

Also.....does dull weather affect your mood? I just feel my life is on hold and I have no part to play

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am new to this forum can anyone help me with my anxiety and depression I am feeling suicidal 

• Posted

I am on seroxat 40mg I live with my husband I have lovely sisters and friends but I'm isolating myself from them
    • Posted

Ok thats good that you have support you have to let them help you.

Go to your doctor and get a medication review sometimes medication can stop working.

Consider counselling sometimes talking to starangers helps.

Dont push your family away

Take Care

Lil

• Posted

How are you Lillie....how long did it take you to feel well again? Did you feel that low mood was last to lift? I'm so fed up with feeling down....frustrating. Iris
    • Posted

Hi Iris 

I can honsestly say my mood was last to get better.

Once I started CBT for my anxiety then thats when I felt my old self.

I felt the anxiety was bringing my mood down on top of the normal depression

Still have bad days but on the whole Id say its helping me.

Lil

• Posted

Hi Iris

Don't worry! Sertraline can easily take between 8 to 20 weeks to show its full effects among most adults.

I am a 37 years old male from WA Australia.

I have been through severe anxiety and severe depression in last four years.

After trying atleast three types of antidepressants in first 6 months after my diagnosis - I've been on 100mg to 300 mg Sertraline (Zoloft) for almost three years now.

I have done quite a lot of reading and research on depression, anxiety disorders and antidepressants in last few years.

My current anxiety level is almost next to none but sadness and lack motivation (depression) is still there and has taken time to reduce its levels from where it was initially as my doctor suggested that its also connected with our external environment and gets affected by our specific circumstances.

Dull weather can certainly be one of the constant triggers.

Try making a list of things/activities you use to enjoy and love being part of - and push yourself to do those if you can. It will help.

Also, try helping someone in need or making some sad person smile. It will help as well.

As per my doc - Medicine (SSRIs) makes you feel good and positive about life in general and provides you with some boost and encouragement in feelings - but, while you are on medication and being benefitted by that synthetic boost you must make some visible changes in your day to day life which eventually should help you become more active or help you achieve the level of activeness, fitness or positivity you want to feel and achieve permanently.

That is the key for really getting out of sickness. Be patient and give it some time. I hope you start feeling better soon. smile

• Posted

Thanks for that....upbeat and uplifting!  Had hospital appt today re my vertigo......I need an MRI scan done quickly.  Something gone wrong with balance in ears, which would account for dreadful fatigue and lack of motivation.  Fingers crossed eh?
  • Posted

Get connected with motivational person who boost you in your life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.