Low on vitamin b12/d maybe?

Posted , 2 users are following.

For the last 2 months I've been feeling terrible. It starts out just before I wake up I start to feel extremely weak, slightly dizzy, & then lightheaded to where I feel as if I'm going to faint. I also have symptoms of my legs going tingly, sometimes a pin & needle feeling & then go numb . Not to long after my hands start to do the same thing. Then it's all followed by cold clammy skin. Some discomfort in my chest, & after feeling breathless (like I'm not getting enough oxygen). I'm left feeling like I have NO strength what's so ever to even get up or move. I have uncontrollable crying spells that last hours. & For the first month I had headaches almost everyday sometimes 2/3x in a day but not so much anymore. My blood sugar is normal (perfect in fact). My vitals are good everytime I go in. 2 years ago right afternoon I had delivered my baby I suffered from postpartum hemorrhaging. I collapsed, heart stopped (was a cold blue). & the next day had to have 2 units of a blood transfusion. I haven't quite been the same since. However the past 2 months have been horrible. I went in to have everything tested, waiting on my vitamin b12/d & some others to come back next week hopefully. Side note after I went in I was called a few days later to be told my blood sugar levels were over 350 & I was a type 2 diabetic. I then was put on 4 different medications for the diabetes. The first day taking 500mg of metformin & 3 others to help I collapsed. The next day I called my dr & was told to take half. I felt ok but then all my symptoms started again. Talked with someone who specializes with diabetes & I was to monitor my blood sugar, it was always perfect & in the normal range. She then suggested I get my a1c checked again because someone put have made a mistake. I did & here my doctor calls to tell me the lab made a mistake & she misdiagnosed me & ordered me to stop my medications right away. She said the chest pains I'm having are caused from the medications & that will go away once the medications have gotten out of my system. However I'm still feeling everything I explained in the beginning. I've had heavy bleeding while on my time of the month, which was never a problem for me. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this!? & if so maybe you can help me out as to what may be wrong.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Please excuse some of my misspelling! I apologizesmile

• Posted

I had similar symptoms in the morning and this was due to low vitamin d. 

I'm sorry for what you've been through but when you get your results be sure to get the actual result rather than its fine as you may be in the range but lower end and benefit from a supplement. 

• Posted

I'll be sure to do that, thank you! However I've actually started to take some supplements vitamin b12 & d3, I start to feel some what better for a few hours & that's usually when I can get some rest. Then after my symptoms come back again. I just don't know what to do, I'm so tired of feeling like this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.