Low Platelets/Thrombocytopenia?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello everyone.

3+ months in and just had another blood test showing my platelets are low. 142. the range is 150 to 450. has anyone else had this with mono?

starting to worry now that maybe I have some kind of cancer 😭

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Thats only slightly low...did the doctor seem worried what so ever

• Posted

nope, but they were 152 a month ago so I'm worried.

• Posted

Hi Sam,

Of course I'm no doctor and my knowledge of blood tests is limited, but I know for sure that when going through mono it can be very normal for certain blood tests to be off, when your body is going through an infection or a virus it can cause certain things to appear slightly without range (and remember it is only slightly without range).

I totally understand the worries and fears as I often can be the same when it comes to tests and things appearing out with normal limits - it can be so frightening, but remember something like this it is highly highly unlikely to be any of the serious things running through your mind and much more likely just be your body responding and coping with the mono that it has been dealing with.

I wish it was easy not to worry about these things, I find it so hard too Sam, just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you and I'm still believing that you are going to get well again and that you are going to be a much stronger and more resilient person for this awful time in the longer term.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks for the best wishes Sam, still been a bit up and down myself at the moment. Hoping and prayer for better times ahead for us all on the site here x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.