low potassium diet need some good recipies

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I am looking for some good low potassium meals/snacks ect.

Have heard conflicting foods to be or not to be used so trying to make a list.

Look forward to your reply Guy 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Guy,

I'm on a low potassium diet too-- I can eat 2000 mg of potassium daily.

Davila has renal friendly menus. Many of them are lower potassium menus. But all of them include modifications from renal dietitians to lower potassium level, carb level, protein level, etc.

Other CKD organizations' web sites also include renal friendly recipes.

I've also found a meatloaf recipe without tomato sauce, tomatoe paste, or tomatoes of any sort. It has a garlic sauce that you can make to put on it rather than typical gravy. I'll look it up and try to post the link to the recipe in another post along with several of my other personal favorite recipes.

Marj

• Posted

Well, this forum may not let me post actual links to renal friendly recipes. So, I'll list a few here. If you Google they will pop up for you on the internet.

Apple cranberry coleslaw with celery seed dressing (favors recipe)

Apple cider marinade (Rachel Ray recipe--check, she's got two or three versions of this. I use the version that has Apple cider, mustard, thyme, and olive oil only.. I use this to marinade boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Then I grill them. I have them with the Apple cranberr coleslaw recipe I mentioned above; one of my favorite meals.)

Chicken fajitas - I sautée red bell peppers, onions, and a little garlic in olive oil. I then add boneless, skinless chicken tenders and cook then through with the vegetables. Warm a few flour tortillas. Put the fajita mixture in the tortilla. Top with a little sour cream. You can also mix Mrs Dash taco or fajita seasoning mix into the sour cream if you want.

Apple cider beef stew (Davila recipe)

Beef barley stew (davita recipe)

High protein oatmeal

1/3 cup quick cooking steel cut oatmeal

1/2 cup cinnamon applesauce (unsweetened)

1/3 cup liquid egg white

2/3 cup water (or almond milk)

Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Stir. Then eat. You could add dried cranberries, or some other renal friendly berry (i.e., strawberries, raspberries, blueberries).

I eat this every morning for breakfast.

Just a few of my favorite recipes. I look forward to seeing what others post!

Marj

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.