Low prescription glasses

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi

been suffering with some headaches and feeling dizzy/lightheaded. i have recently been for eye test with the possibility that i am feeling like this from eye strain sitting in an office using a computer all day

the prescription i have been given is very weak -0.5 so i am wondering if it possible to make any difference i feel a bit silly wearing glasses for no reason especially having never worn them . thanks for advice

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Even with a weak prescription you might find it easier to do computer work. Have you noticed any difference? I'd also recommend that you give yourself a 20 second break every 20 minutes on the computer. Just get up and walk/look around to give your eyes a rest (as well as your back). If you continue feeling dizzy/lightheaded, you should just check in with your doctor. Until then, increase your water intake and find time to do some deep breathing exercises. Note - I'm not a doctor so my recommendations are not to be taken too seriously lol Keep us posted on how things move forward for you, ok? Wishing you all the best!

• Posted

many thanks for your reply. I have seen my doctor a few times and can never find anything wrong so im hoping the glasses help.

appreciate your advice

thanks

• Posted

It's also possible you're having mini panic attacks. I used to get them and I'd feel dizzy and out of sorts. Breathing and meditation techniques will help. Take care of yourself!

• Posted

have you had a blood test to test blood sugar levels, vitamin levels, iron, etc? -0.5 is very low and I really doubt that would be causing dizziness and feeling lightheaded. You could be vitamin d deficient if you are in an office all day. Also are you eating enough and regularly, a drop in blood sugar can make you feel dizzy. Try and eat every 3 hours to keep your blood sugar even, but healthy food rather than junk, like a piece of fruit or a handful of peanuts in between meals. Little and often is a really good way of eating.

• Posted

Even though it isnt a high prescription they can definitely help. Another suggestion is to take a look at where your computer sits. You should be able to see over the top of the computer and be looking down at the screen. This will help with strain and dryness. When you are looking upward more of your eye is exposed causing more dryness and strain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.