Low progeterone levels

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies, i hope you are all well.

I think I have low progesterone levels. I have found this in dr. google and i would like to know what is your thoughts on it, and i also would like to know if any of you ladies uses progesterone cream and if you have any side effects.

Symptoms of low progesterone in women

Here are the kind of comments that women with progesterone deficiency are making to their partners, friends and doctors:

"I'm just too tired for sex"

"I sleep for 9 hours and still need more"

"Forget the sex, I just wish I had some energy"

"I love him, but I just don't have the energy for sex"

"It's all too much, I don't want to go out tonight"

"My drive and motivation have disappeared"

Mood changes, anxiety, nervousness, irrational fears, irritability.

Depression.

Headaches, migraines.

Hot flushes (also known as hot flashes or night sweats if they occur at night).

Low sex drive / libido.

Menstrual problems such as irregularity or heavy bleeding.

PMS.

Menopause and peri-menopause problems.

Breast disorders, pain, tenderness.

Endometriosis.

Pyroluria.

polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).

Postpartum depression.

Weight gain.

Miscarriage.

Insomnia.

If you google low progesterone click on the third link from the top.

I hope it will help some of you ladies aswell.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi NonnieDD

I do use progesterone cream, twice daily. 

I have a condition called Estrogen Dominance. (low progesterone in relation to estrogen). I can tell because my period, if I don't control it with the Pill, my periods would come every three weeks, they are really heavy. Also  spidery veins on the legs. My mum had the same condition. 

It helps me enormously. I was getting so bitchy, it was a wonder I could hold a job. My mind calmed down. 

There is a lot of info on the Internet, but a lot of it is from people who are selling progesterone, so it's hard to know what to believe. I don't think it's possible to test for estrogen or progesterone levels reliably, although by all means ask your doctor.

I just go with what works. I felt really bad at the end of last year, and it turned out to be low iron levels. If your period is heavy, I'd advise you to have a blood test and check for iron levels, and take iron supplements, and keep your eye on it. 

The progesterone cream has an effect quickly, so I'd advise you to try it for a month, and see how your mood is affected. I use it every day, but the usual use is for the two weeks before your period (which is cheaper).

Good luck!

• Posted

Nonnie, as much as I read, first hormone to decline is progesterone :S but all hormones decline at peri, as Jayneejay said.  If you check estrogen dominance - that is a fairly new idea regarding peri - you will "learn" that the main problem is not the decline of progesterone but the dominance of estrogen :S. We just landed in a class of biology, lol.  and I found difficulty to understande "ovulation" in school, haha.

if you want to be sure, you need to ask to be tested - and as most here agree, hormonal tests are not reliable, just show the moment and not the whole picture sad

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.