Low Pulse Pressure ??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi.

The problem is: My sistolic and diastolic blood pressure levels are always normal, BUT, sometimes they are very close. I've been told by cardiac patients that close numbers are bad. I told the doctor once I registered 100/80 but he didn't say anything, he just gave me exams to do, which came alright. Today, once again, I had a gap of 25 (103/78) and 80bpm. I researched and they say a gap of 40 is normal and above 60 is bad, but not much information about what I should do when it is low.

Context: I've had "heart" pain for a few years, I'm 26, but all my exams are alright. I've done even a 24h Holter twice, both were alright, but coincidentally, both ended up being in days in which I didn't feel anything, so I don't know if I was just unlucky to do it in those days.

I've been measuring Blood Pressure every time I feel something wrong. Sometimes, it gives me the arrhythmia sign, but I wonder if it's just anxiety or something. I think I have a bit of Health Anxiety, and I'm going to start treating that next month, but machines don't usually lie and it's hard to separate what I should worry about or not. I mean. Considering I'm young, and my heart looks alright, should I worry about a gap of 20/25? Why didn't the doctor make a big deal when I told him that? What should I do when it happens?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

If the doctor didnt make a big deal, its because the issue isnt very serious. It could be anxiety you are facing. I think you should run and walk more because they naturally help the heart.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.