LOW READINGS FOR VITAMIN D?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Vitamin D comes from sunlight. Readings should be > 75 and I had a shock to learn from a phone call from my doctor mine had dropped to 29!  I had to go to clinic and drink Vitamin D. I then was prescribed Vitamin D in liquid form. I managed to get it up to 69 and gradually to the right level.  However I want to warn anybody taking Tramadol to take care to read the contents of that vitamin D. Watch out it doesn't have ethanol as an ingredient. If it does then go for the oil variety of Vit D3. Tramadol and Ethanol are quite contradictory and must never be taken together. Remember doctors do not read those Notes for the Patient. They are meant for us to consume. Doctors cannot possibly know all the ingredients in medications and they, as well as the pharmaceutical companies making them, rely upon US to read and heed. Tramadol is morphine and that, mixed with alcohol (ethanol) can cause health problems and alter the effects of medication.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This is interesting. I saw my Dr as I thought my levels were low at 43. He retested and they came out at 54. He said that was fine, but I had read that optimal levels should be higher. Xx
    • Posted

Mooma check the method your doctor is using. Somebody told me there are two types of reading. xx
    • Posted

Thanks mayday, the method was the same. It's all very strange. I had my test done by an NHS hospital, and he did the test again at another hospital and they were different. Apparently each local authority also has different parameters to judge if you are deficient. So, you could be deficient if you live in one place but not if you move somewhere else. Its a shame they can't all agree! Have you ever heard anything so ridiculous?!
  • Posted

bit better than my doctors sergery.I was tested for vit D and was down to 11 had to wait two weeks for appointment and to get supplyments . 10,000 iu strength. tablet form.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.