Low Right sided cramp type pain with diverticulitis

Posted , 8 users are following.

on and off I have lower left sided pain can anyone relate to this, could this connected to my bowels/ diverticulitis, tia

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Edited

Lower LEFT quadrant pain could be related to Diverticular Disease (DD)- diverticulosis or diverticulitis. Lower RIGHT quadrant pain is rarer for DD but not unknown. It could also relate to appendicitis. The definitive diagnosis is through a colonoscopy but I would say in this current climate, no chance! If you are not getting chills, fever swamping cramp like pains, then the chances are it's not an infection, just inflammation. The best thing to do is go on a clear liquid diet for 48 hours, then a bland low fibre diet for about a week, eating SMALL portions. The idea is to give the bowel a rest and chance to heal itself. Then slowly re-introduce fibre, noting your food intake and any particular food that is followed by pain. But when in doubt, or the pain gets worse, phone a doctor.

• Posted

I have for quite some time experienced lower (middle) back pain in fact for some reason its been bothering more than before maybe the stress, and not being at work but your pain you stated is on your left side maybe it could be stress, and because your not moving around as much. Are the pains sharp?

• Posted

little stabbing pains that come and go, they seem to come on after a bowel movement I have had a recent flare up of diverticulitis and being on a course of antibiotics.

• Posted

yes it could when were you diagnosed have you had other flare up? how often.?

any other symptoms?

• Posted

I was diagnosed 2 yrs ago by having a colonoscopy I've had a few flare since then I've just recovered from a flare up and have been on a course of antibiotics .

• Posted

i am still a little confused as to whether the present pain is left or right sided? Your heading says right but the body of your message says left?

• Posted

sorry for the confusion, I didn't realise i had wrote that lol, it's lower right side stabbing pain that I get on and off.

• Edited

i would say t is less likely to be diverticulitis related but certainly possible going on a bland diet for a few days and seeing if there is any improvement might help. Most of us will tell you that time and patience are needed with this disease. hang in there!

• Edited

could be your appendix mate. As others have stated it's rare for a non asian to have right sided DD. Or, it could be your reaction to your new footy ownership๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป.

• Posted

When i had my worst infection my pain was all right sided. Diverticulitis is complicated.

• Posted

I was recently diagnosed with DV, but I did have an emergency appendectomy in April. Pain was on the lower right side of my abdomen. I am having part of my colon removed Thursday due to DV.

Having appendicitis is horrible. It was very painful and I'm glad I went to the ER. I kept vomiting and had cold sweats. My DV is only ever that painful when I eat cream cheese, which I will never eat again. Cream cheese will cause a flare up that will last 2-3 days.

• Posted

i was having left sided pain along with pain lower down and across my back which was tender to the touch I also passed some blood I had my bloods taken and sent for a colonoscopy which revealed i had diverticulitis disease that was 6 weeks ago and wasn't given any real advice on wot I should and shouldn't eat I have had a couple of flare ups since and its quite debilitating at times it it gets me down i suffer from stress and anxiety as well and was wondering if anyone could help with tips to help with the flare ups

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.