low stomach acid Vs high stimach

Posted , 4 users are following.

How to you know?

about 15 month I had stomach issues..burning

The doc prescribed PPi..took for a month ..and stopped, I wasn't sure if they were affected

Instead I read a book about low acid food vs high acid food..so I went on a low acid diet..(however I did drink polmegranted juice and the is high acid)

About 4 month later my stomach got better

But I was still burping

Any way I use to drink heavy and my diet is half good half bad

I need to improve my diet ASAP..but even some healthy foods have high Acid

Anyone other Thoughts on this

Or information

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, try a teaspoon of lemon juice in a glass of water. It may sound acid but it is alkaline, however, drink thu a straw to avoid coming into contact with the teeth.
  • Posted

Whatever you have read, the low acid and high acid thing is actually a myth.

The range of acidity/alkalinity of foods is pretty small and insignificant when compared to the high concentration of acid produced by the stomach.

Don't be guided by acidity. Keep a food diary to determine your own particular food triggers. We ae all different and react to foods differently.

• Posted

Thank you for your replies
  • Posted

not all healthy foods are highly acidic.. there are some herbs which can help regulate the acidity of the stomach or digestive system. like fennel.. It stabilizes the acidity of the stomach and if your stomach already has ulcers or wounds..you can go for cardamom..it has a natural haling property.great also for digetsive disturbances smile we just need to search through and know what herb or fruit best suit our body.great day ahead!
    • Posted

Go to the www DownWithAcid org uk book and find "Natural Remedies" in the contents list.

And also look at the chapter on "Myths and Misconceptions".

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.