Low T4 Normal Free Thryoxine?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Over the past few months I've experienced 10 pounds unexplained weight loss and now have daily chronic diarrhea as well (for the past 2 months). My doctor ran blood work, all of which came back normal except for a few of the thyroid tests. She is away until next week and I'm wondering if anyone has an idea what this might mean. She only ran TSH and Free Thyroxine. The TSH came back as slightly low - .37. The Free Thyroxine is normal at 1.2. What should I expect given these results and my current symptoms? Edited to add - I'm a 59 y/o woman, if that matters. Thanks.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.