Low Testosterone Levels

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I am male and 27 years old. I have recently had 3 blood tests over a 3 week period as part of a medical trial and the result from all 3 tests was that my free Testosterone levels are around 9 nmol /l. I have read online that this is quite low for a person of my age.

Is this level low enough that i should consider some kind of terstosterone replacement therapy? As i have always though that my levels where quite low. I have very little body hair, not even that much facail hair etc.

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, it is very low
    • Posted

I would be surprised if your urologist didn't suggest replacement therapy to bring your testosterone levels higher into the normal range. There are various routes but daily application of a testosterone gel such as testim 50mg is a likely choice. But the question is why is this hormone so low? This needs to be explored before treatment. Ask your urologist! Are u on any drugs? Have you suffered testicular injury? Have u any other symptoms that might provide a clue about what is going on? If only hypogonadism then replacement therapy could safely correct the deficiency.
  • Posted

That is super low as mine is very low and it was 30. I have been on TRT ever since. You will feel much better if you get on testosterone. Not to mention the fact that men with low T are at increased risk of prostate cancer as you get older. If your T is that low for a while it can cause bone loss as it has in me. Your doctor needs to find out why you are so low. It could be a pituitary tumor or an immune system problem. In my case I have Crohn's Disease and for some reason it reduced my T level. You are also most likely sterile as I am. Sorry to throw this on you but you will feel a lot better when you get TRT.
  • Posted

For age it is low. If I recall UK guidelines correctly anything under 11 should be treated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.