Low testosterone, Low t4, Normal tsh?????

Posted , 4 users are following.

what is causing my t4 and testosterone to be low but tsh to be normal??

i am a 19 year old male and I have had these symptoms for 3/4 years that have slowly gotten worse and have been tested for nearly everything but nothing has come back positive.

i have asked my doctor if my free t4 was low but as always will not agree that it is as it is in their "normal range". i shall be going back to the doctors this week and will request to be tried on some thyroid pills to see if it improved my symptoms? i also read that this could be a pituraity tumor, is this correct? 

my symptoms are

Fatigue

Muscle pain

sore lower back

stiff neck

sinus problems/ phlem in throat/ blocked nose

dry throat and mouth

red nose/ rosacea

cold hands and feet

anxiety

depression

Low testosterone at 13nmol

mood swings

excess urination

excessive thirst

prickly/itchy/burning legs and feet when stood still for a few minutes.

clay coloured stool / diarrhea

TSH 1.6

Free t3 5.3

free t4 10.9 -----------?

i also had my cortisol tested which was 472 nmol

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am not a Dr but I have had thyroid problems since I was born I am 25 year old female and I have most of the symptoms. I also have calcium problems my calcium is  at 6 00 and it's suppose to be at

8-10 1also... my tsh is so low it's crazy...

• Posted

Hi

u need to be on thyroxine if ur t4 is 10 my t4 is 16 amd tsh 1.19 and I feel like sh*t ur defo on the low side and should be treated on ur symptoms my do has upped my dose even tho im in normal rang iv had underactive thyroid 10. Yrs now 

• Posted

thanks for the replys. just been to the drs and she has refused to give me any medication for my t4 level as she claims its perfectly normal??? dont know where to goo next with this.
  • Posted

Hi Dan95,

My son is 24 years old and has been dealing with similar symptoms like you. I know that your post is over a year old, and I am hoping that you have found concrete answers and are doing great. If you are still searching, I would recommend looking at parathyroid com. The four rice-size parathyroid glands regulate calcium levels and are located behind the thyroid gland. Basically, when one or more of the glands enlarge and become a benign tumor, the calcium and parathyroid hormone levels rise and Vitamin D lowers. Typically, women of menopausal age are more likely to get HyperPARAthyroidism, but it can affect men and children as well, reeking havoc on the body with similar symptoms as you. See a doctor or endocrinologist, or endo/surgeon who is very familiar with HyperParathyroidism as there are many doctors who do not understand this disease. It is diagnosed with a blood test for Vitamin D, Calcium, and Parathyroid (PTH). Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.