Low TSH levels and low Free T4 levels, but just 'within range' - Secondary Hypothyroidism?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was nearly out of range in my last 3 blood tests from FT4 and TSH, but as I have still technically within range, my GP did not pursue anything.

I have premature ovarian insufficiency and take HRT now and I am always extremely tired, have joint/muscle pain, weight gain, hair loss, depression and had out of range (high) C-reactive protein test results. the worst for me is my slow thinking!

Should I be on levothyroxine?

I am desperate, can anyone help?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi there,

what were the numbers/results of all

the labs you mentioned. there are optimal levels for thyroid, but all labs vary in their ranges so its hard to say without having numbers. i have been having issues where i go to one lab and it says my tsh is high (5.12) and then i go to 2 other labs and it says it is 2.4. VERY different results. which makes it hard to know if anything should even be treated! what was your CRP lab number?

• Posted

It seems there is an issue with your blood. I think the blood pressure levels are too low. Always talk to your GP about our issues, it may seem that either the dosage is too high, or you need to completely change medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.