Low Vitamin D

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello. I'm 48 and my last period was 2 years ago. Went to GP with IBS symptoms and he did bloods. All ok apart from very low vitamin D. Anyone else had this issue?

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Most people have low vitamin D I’ve had low vitamin D for many years I can’t now 2 to 5000 mg a day I’ve got as low as 19
  • Posted

Hi Lisa yes ma’am I had really low vitamin d around 8 years ago... and again about 2 years ago ... dr prescribed vitamin d  50,000 units 1 pill a  week for 4 weeks... felt better after I took it 

Take care !

• Posted

Yes! Low vitamin D is very common for those of us who live up north or have darker skin.  As we get older and lose subcutaneous fat, our bodies lose the capacity to process the Vit D from the sun.  

Part of my very excessive hair loss was related to my very low vitamin D!  (I was down at a 5.)  It took about a year to stabilize, but now everything is back to normal. I get terrible muscle pain when my D gets low now; so I can course correct early. 

You are not alone! 

• Posted

Hi Lisa - Yes, I am 6 years since my last period and my Vitamin D levels keep dropping.  My last labs 2 weeks ago were at an all time low of 20.  I just got put on a weekly RX of Vitamin D since I guess I wasn’t consistent with taking my supplement.  Oddly enough, I just read an article that states that supplements don’t really work, what really works is spending time outdoors in the sunshine & eating a Vitamin D rich diet.  I swear, not only do you have to battle all the symptoms of peri/menopause, then little by little things start going whacko...now I have extremely low Vitamin D, elevated fasting glucose, elevated blood pressure & medium high inflammation...I want my old body back! Btw, not that it matters, but most people I know have low Vitamin D.

• Posted

Very common. When you buy it get it with vitamin k

Vitd with

Xox

• Posted

It helps the D work better

Vitamin D with k

Low d is verrrrry common

• Posted

Take with magnesium too.. helps absorb the D 👍

• Posted

Yes me ate you taking any medication for reflux PPI medication because it can make you lack in vit D3 
  • Posted

Yes when I started peri, that was one of the first things they discovered was that I was was deficient in vitamin D. It is quite common in this stage of life.
  • Posted

Hi Lisa, yes very common.  I take supplements too and my last blood test just made it to the normal range.  My youngest child had bloods done and he was deficient. Hasn’t slowed him down though 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.