low vitamin d level issues

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi i am having low vitamin d recently done my blood work 25-OH which is 10.5 ng/ml std is 30-100 ng/ml.

i am using ergocalciderol D2 50000 units once per week.

calcium-magnesium-vitamin d  1200 mg once per day.

even after 45 days of above medication i dont see any improvement feeling worst . please help me if any one faced vitamin d defiecieny ptoblems.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I found 20000iu vit d 2x weekly for 10wks helpful Rajub
  • Posted

You will need to wait at least three months if not longer as your reading is so low.
    • Posted

I am approx 6wks post treatment and feel 100% better from a reading of 15. We are all individuals.
    • Posted

thank you all..

really hard to describe how i feel presently ..hope will improve better in coming days...

• Posted

Vitamin D deficiency is so much more awful than any of us thought it would be! 

Realistically, you're looking at a minimum of three months to feel a real difference, and possibly several months. Some people report a worsening in pain and bone/joint tenderness before it gets better. You just can't make your body fix this at the speed you want - you have to let it happen in its own time. In the meantime, you can take other steps to support recovery like getting good sleep, good nutrition and take some exercise as and when you feel up to it to begin to rebuild wasted muscle and encourage bone strengthening. 

If you want to know more about this condition and the functions of vitamin D in the body, you might like to have a look at the lectures of Professor Michael Holick, a leading vitamin D researcher and physician, which are available on Youtube. He has also written several very accessible books.

Look after yourself. All best wishes.

:-)

• Posted

thank you all..

really hard to describe how i feel presently ..hope will improve better in coming days...

• Posted

Just remember we are all different. Be kind to yourself.
    • Posted

d3 vitamin is better or d2 is better FOR LACK OF VITAMIN D?.

my doctor prescribe d2 and i read in many blogs d3 is better than d2.

• Posted

I believe d3 is more commonly prescribed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.