Low vitamins

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. I'll keep it short. Quit alcohol abut 4 months ago. It's calmed down now to constant fatigue. (No cravings im done, thats not been a problem thankfully). Been in the bed, missed work all that. Multiple Dr visits. B12 and D are low. All else was good. Sugar, hemo, no iron test though. Been taking 15 vitamins and minerals, the spiral I guess haha. Started folic acid 800mg a few days ago and iron. Noticed a BIG difference yesterday and today I was almost NORMAL. A little fatigued toward the end but feel awesome. Only took folic acid, d3, iron, b12 and C today. So the question....would you suspect the folic acid to be helping or iron or maybe both? Very quick turnaround either way. Would the folic acid be helping with the b12 deficiency maybe? I've took b12 shots, dosed under the tongue everyday and felt nothing. Symptoms were CONSTANT fatigue, stinging on bottoms of feet, nerves shot, sudden spells toward midday were I could not function for weakness and shakiness. But today has been really good like I said.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I’m curious of the same thing, so I will watch for answers. I’m severely deficient in iron and Vit D. I have been taking iron with Vit c and it has helped some. I’m due for another blood test today so I will see if I’m absorbing it. I just started B vitamins with folate(same thing) yesterday. That’s great you saw improvement!  I’m felt negative symptoms?  Maybe the B vitamins?  I’m wondering if they work together to help absorb iron. Seems as though when your deficient in a few things,  your not absorbing as you should and I cannot figure it out. Best of luck. 
  • Posted

Guess I'll "follow up". I'm very much out of shape from this thing keeping me down but I'm normal now. I do whatever I want. I quit everything a couple months ago and only take fish oil and 5000 D3 every other day. I really notice when I don't take it religiously. BP is normal enough. I've also started Ltheanine which really improves my mood. 400 in the morning with a mountain dew. I don't take it often anymore but I'm going to start back. My nerves are still fried sometimes after all this and theanine really helps me. I've not changed lifestyle or eating habits so I know it was vitamin D. Had a test a couple months ago and I was low 40's. It's absolutely unbelievable what this put me through. I wish it upon no one. Best of luck to everybody.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.