Lower abdominal and groin discomfort

Posted , 9 users are following.

I been having mild aches and pains and discomfort mostly on the lower side from below the belly button, the bladder area, down to the groin.

It started after taking Nexium for my problem with acid reflux.

The feelings come and go, from very mild to a feeling that there is something there, especially when sitting down or crissing feet or legs when sitting.

Sometimes it feels like it's under the skin with mild itchy burning feelings.

No poop problem, no urine problem, I urinate a lot if I drink too much water. No mass or swelling or rash.

I had a similar experience last year, urine test normal.

Only been to the doctor last week, for another issue, the similar feeling was in my back and leg.

GP said my muscles were tight, probably due to my anxiety, as I suffer from generalised anxiety, health anxiety and mild depression.

Is this common among anxiety and stress? Or even acid reflux/GERD?

Is there something at home I can try doing to rid of this? Or does it need being rechecked again?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Redwolf887

Perhaps you could ask your doc to refer you for an ultrsound scan to see if there is anything untoward going on in your abdo/gaeny area....best wishes....

• Posted

Anxiety can cause acid reflux and pain.  However, if this happened after taking Nexium, you could have had a reaction to it.  Try an over the counter medication for acid reflux such as Gaviscon or try milk.  If you still have symptoms after a week see your doctor again.
  • Posted

Hi i feel d same an wonder if our sleeping an sitting position can cause it. Been to d dr said it was bladderi took antibiotics was gd fotr 3 days an it started again..hav to chk dr nx wk. Take care.
    • Posted

Maybe, I tend to slouch a lot when sitting down which might be causing discomfort in my back and now lower stomach. It's fine when I stand up. All the best to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.