Lower abdominal discomfort

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hiya I just wondered if anyone can help me.. I have this horrible annoying discomfort in my pelvic area for about 6 weeks now. It all started when i had a water infection that took 3 lots of antiboiotics before it went. But i still have this discomfort and frequent urination. I've sent 2 samples off to the lab and both have some back clear of infection. I also have an inverted cervix due to hormone change? I've been to the doctors 4 times now and not getting anywhere/ I'm scared that they have missed something.. the discomfort is constant and feels like pressure right in the pit of my stomach? Has anyone experienced this? Going on holiday next week, don't want to go like this sad

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sophiekinz123

You should ask your doctor to refer you for an ultrasound scan or mri scan to investigate your

pelvic area..... best wishes....

• Posted

I had one December an they said because I've had one not too long ago they don't think it anything serious... do you have any ideas as to what It might be? I'm only 24 years old rolleyes xx

• Posted

Hi Sophiekinz123

It sound as if there is something pressing on your bladder since there is no infection....it could be your inverted uterus....or you could be developing an ovarian cyst....but i would think this would have shown on the ultrasound scan....go on your holiday and enjoy it easy said than done i know when your in discomfort.....take some good painkillers with you if you are in pain and try and rest and see your doc again when you get back. It's really dreadful when you are suffering and the docs can't find the cause....most of us on the forum have been through that but eventually found a light at the end of the tunnel.....best wishes for a speedy diagnosis...

• Posted

Sounds like PID, from some kind of viral or bacterial infection. what were the  2 samples tested for ? 
    • Posted

Yeah I was thinking that as well.. I have the symptoms for it.. I think they were tested to see if there was any infection.. so to see if there was any white blood cells.. but they came back clear no action.. I'm going to go back tomorrow and ask about it again because it's not going away.. I've had all sorts of issues in the past 2 years since I gave birth rolleyes

• Posted

Have you had a pelvic ultrasound to check for cysts?  What do you mean by hormone change?  Maybe the antibiotics have upset your gut flora.
    • Posted

I haven't had an ultrasound yet.. they said hormones can cause the inner layer of your cervix to protrude which can cause bleeding after intercourse which is what I have as well. I'm going back today to see if there is anything else they can do.. thanks for all your comments 👍

• Posted

Being treated for an overactive bladder.. see if these tablets work
    • Posted

Oxybutynin

She examined me and I winced when she touched lower down and she said I think you have an overactive bladder

So I'm guessing they don't think it's anything serious rolleyes my minds all over the place

• Posted

Hi Sophiekinz123

Make sure you read the instruction leaflet that comes with the medication as there are a few side effdcts with Oxybutynin....best wishes....

• Posted

I also forgot to mention.... ask your doc to refer you for a Urodynamics test as this will definitely confirm an overactive bladder...your doc says she 'thinks' you have an overactive bladder...get a firm diagnosis ....best wishes...

• Posted

Yeah I have had some side affects.. I'm finding it difficult going to the toilet now and it's really uncomfortable.. going to go to the pharmacy and ask if i should continue taking them

• Posted

Hi Sophiekinz123

Yes i would do that!!..also there are other meds you can take for overactive bladder which do not have awful side effects..ask your doc or pharmacist about them..but i would press your doc for a urodynamics test to get a firm diagnosis before taking a mixture of meds....he/she would have to refer you to a Gynaecologist for a Urodynamics test.......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.