Lower abdominal discomfort

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. This is a tricky one to explain so I’ll try the best I can.

For the past week, I’ve been having abdominal discomfort from around the appendix area up to my rib cage on my right hand side. It’s not ‘pain’ but it’s very noticeable. I can only describe it as a ‘stitch’ like pain or a cramp. My whole right side feels inflamed. If I run my fingers up and down my right side, I can feel very pronounced ‘ridges’ under my skin all over. It is making me feel a little nauseous. I’m keeping a constant eye on my SATS and my temperature and they are both fine. I’ve noticed while at work that I’m getting hot more quickly than usual. I’m sleeping absolutely fine and doing things as normal but I just know something is not right. I’ve a history of urinary tract infections and digestive problems but this is something I’ve not felt before. I was wondering if I’d pulled my side or my obliques but why would I feel sick? Has anyone else suffered similar? I hope someone can help as this is really worrying me. Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have it checked. It could be a hernia or appendectomy,
    • Posted

I thought a hernia. Would that not be localised? This discomfort covers the whole right side. No lumps as such either. Noticed protein in my urine now!😥

• Posted

I believe it would ease your mind to go to the doctor or walk in clinic where they would give you tests and blood work to see if you have an inflamed appendix.  I would not delay in having this checked.

• Posted

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I must stress though that it’s not pain. It’s discomfort. It doesn’t make me go “ouch” in any way. It’s jyst unpleasant. Also, I’ve had this a fair few days now. If it was appendix, then what I’ve been reading, it would move fairly quickly to being quite a severe pain??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.