Posted , 6 users are following.
For the last 3 months I have had lower stomach issues. It started lower left, and has moved to lower right. Sometimes the discomfort has moved to upper right. It has gotten no better and no worse since it began. It started with a bout of constipation and has been like this since. Some days is worse than others it depends on what I eat, and have been keeping a food journal so I know what to avoid. My stools are, if this makes sense, kinda flat but not like ribbon flat, just maybe flat on one side. Truthfully they may have been like that for years, I have only recently started paying attention, and taking pictures. I was diagnosed with IBS years ago so I know what that is all about, but this is different than what it has been in the past. I have tried multiple supplements, I have talked to my doctor who wanted to schedule an upper endoscopy, which I have dismissed as this is 100% a lower issue in my opinion. Last time I went to see my GP he told me he thought I had GERD, which yes I do, however this is all to do with something lower. Here is a list of what I know or think I know.
1. Stomach discomfort for 3/4 months and it moves around.
2. It's no better or worse today than 3/4 months ago when it started.
3. Some foods make it worse, but that is becoming controlled through food journal.
4. I drink one or two carbonated beverages a day ( I know I shouldn't and am trying to quit, I did quit for a week during this time, no change in stomach)
5. Stool floats sometimes, sinks sometimes, but it smells BAD all the time, gas is also generally bad when it occurs.
I am planning on calling my GP in the next couple of weeks and seeing if I can get an appointment with a gastroenterologist. I don't think this is anything bad or it would have changed over the past several months, at least that is my feeling.
0 likes, 8 replies