Lower back ache -grrr!!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies I am writing this evening as for 3 or 4 days now I have had lower back ache and also achcy right hand side that drones on and on.

As always I have built this up in my mind and now panicking I have all sorts of things. I got so worried I can't concentrate and ended up crying my eyes out yesterday with worry. I am taking pain killers which relieves it but it's the anxiety! I am so not myself and it also makes me so sad.

I had a trans vaginal scan yesterday to check my ovaries which I'm hoping all will be ok for. I also had a urine test recently that had a trace of blood in -although doc said that was normal as us menopausal ladies usually have blood going on somewhere down there. Soon I'm paranoid I have some sort of problem! I'm having a retest once I'm not bleeding (note no periods since Jan this years but my body decided to start one the day before my scan!!!).

Sorry ladies -I know some of you have so much more on your plate but I could really do with a little reassurance if pos? Is body aching/back ache general side aches etc another common menopause problem? Why can't I stop worrying?? At night I just toss and turn as I just can't get comfy and my mind goes crazy with what it might be!

Thank you for listening and sorry to go on xxxxx

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

hello louise,

body aches, back aches are so common in peri and meno experiences. it was the first symptom for me, the other severe symptoms came much later but i didnt know at that time i was in peri. i got my back x rayed but it didnt show anything significant. then the ache kept moving --- sometimes it went up to the shoulders but mostly stayed down below. when the other severe symptoms  came later i started researching and then put 2 and 2 together.

for anxiety breathing exercises work really well....keep doing them till it becomes involuntary

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Hun. Yeah I'm sat here now dreading the onset once I get up and about. I really need to exercise I think as I'm sure this will help? I need lower back strength again so am going to try and do a few light exercise and try yoga again. It's the worrying about everything that gets me down.

Thanks again Hun and hope your symptoms are now getting better?

Lou xxx

• Posted

Hi Louise

I also get the lower back pain and right side pain. It comes and goes along with a lot of other Peri symptoms. I find a heating pad helps. Good luck to you.

• Posted

Hiya Hun thank you for your reply. A relief to know it's not only me getting this! I will try a heat pad too as that would help loads I think. Many thanks and hope you are having a good week 💕😀
  • Posted

I have back pain, both upper and lower, almost daily. I am a classic worrier too, so always think the worst. I have a heating pad on my upper back as I am writing this. If it doesn't subside in a bit, I will be taking something. I need to have female scans done too, but haven't set anything up yet. Hope you get some relief. Keep us posted. 
    • Posted

Thanks Debbie I hope you do too. What scans are you having? I also have so many other symptoms it's driving me crazy. My endocrinologist recommended a progesterone cream 6 months ago. I thought it was helping but I don't know. I have nausea, dizziness/vertigo, headaches, brain fog to name a few.
  • Posted

Hi Louise, definitely understand your anxiety... it is hard not to be anxious when so many things are happening to our bodies!  Deep breathing can really help with that, and I also find that taking walks is great exercise and can help the mind, too.  I relate to your anxiety about tests, scans, etc., as I started having what seemed to be UTI symptoms in early January and ended up having surgery last week.  It looked like I had an ovarian mass, but surgery revealed that a fibroid was pressing on the ovary, which was pressing on the bladder.  My gyn did the surgery and took out 3 polyps (2 uterine, 1 cervical) and did take the ovary because it was discolored, but she did say it didn't appear to be cancerous.  Still waiting for pathology results.  It is so hard not to think the worst when peri is messing with our minds and bodies so much.  I hope all will be well for you regarding your test results!  Please keep us posted.  Waiting is hard but the odds are high that all will be normal.  Take care, Elizabeth 🌷
    • Posted

Oh thank you for your kind message Elizabeth. It sounds like you've been through so much! I am glad you are ok and hope all test going forward are fine too. Having s tricky few days as I have awful palpitations going on and I am terrified. My see is also really bright almost luminous yellow at time so I panic about that now too. Will definitely chat more with doc when my results are through for my scans. Thanks so much for replying and sending you big hugs! Xxxx
  • Posted

Dear louise

Isnt this health anxiety awful it makes you feel so alone in the dead of night, so far i think i have had stomach cancer, skin cancer and a brain tumour, the anxiety now has made me anxious doing everyday things. Aches and pains are so common in peri/meno the other day my shoulders ached so much the pain almost made me breathless, but the day before i had physically over exerted myself at work. I get leg pain and cramps at night and previously had hip pain. x

• Posted

It's awful I know!! I think there is so much in the media about awful diseases too that us peri ladies, being susceptible to worry anyway, pick up on it all.

Ooo it's exhausting ! I hope you have a good day hunni - best to just take it one day at a time I think anyway as it can all get iverwhelming otherwise.

Take care xxx

• Posted

I agree, Louise... I managed to leave a message for the nurse to follow up on my pathology results this morning and then felt panic coming on as soon as I hung up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.