Lower back and hip pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been having quite a bit of pain when flexing my hips since the last 5 or 6 weeks. Gets worse after sitting for periods and particulary at night when sleeping in certain positions. The pain seems to originate from my lower back and then into left hip in particular. It doesnt seem to be improving at all. I thought people might have some idea what might be the cause or have had similar issues ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am the same way but it's my right hip and leg. I tried physical therapy, pills, and nothing works. I have had 2 knee replacements and a shoulder replacement. I am so curled from my spine that I can no longer get an MRI. I know it's a pinched nerve. I refuse to have back surgery, so I limp along. I use a walker in the house and a cane outside. I can shoot all over with the walker. I sleep in a recliner from my spine being curled. I also have rheumatoid arthritis. it is depressing.

• Posted

If you check out my sciatica link, above, you'll see that I have had countess sciatica events in my life...all but one fixed by chiropractic. In that case, I had a bone spur at L4 literally "crushing" (doc's characterization) my sciatic nerve root. Nothing, absolutely nothing, could fix this other than surgery.

Simple laminectomy. Removed the spur and shaved back the calcified L5 disk to make sure it did not occur again. Same day surgery...immediate 90% relief...rest of the pain gone in a week as the inflamed nerve quieted down. No rehab, no brace, no nothing. 100% cure by having a quick op.

Not sure why you will not have the surgery. I have had two laminectomies and two fusions...having my third fusion on 1-22-2020 because I blew out L1/L2 last year. Been living with the pain throughout chiro, PT and pain shots...all fails. When there's no other option, you find a well-reviewed neurosurgeon and get it done. You cannot take NSAIDs for more than 10 days or they'll eat through your stomach down the road...plus no one is going to put you on opioids long-term...ever.

Find the problem and fix it. Why live in pain? All my spine ops have been completely successful...the laminectomy is a no-brainer...

• Edited

So perhaps a Chiropractor might be more helpful than a doctor with these issues ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.